Oh my goodness.
I was nominated for “Very inspiring blogger” by Curvyelvie!
So exciting! Seriously, I’m overjoyed when anyone reads my blogs, and when they comment on my posts, it just sends me through the roof! So this is like some crazy free chocolate sleeping in new shoes good book you are total hawtness good!!!!
I’m not even sure how to respond to it, which is probably why it’s taken me a week to think about it, and to believe that it is in fact true. Hee hee, it makes me happy! I think I’m more overjoyed about the sweet sweet comments she said about me and my blog – “she is a breath of fresh air. Always lovely and inspiring. Reminds me to love myself no matter how big or small I am.” Is that not just so incredibly awesome? Totally what I want my blog to be about, and she gets it! Ooh, I have goosebumps!
There are rules involved with this, and here they are:
* Thank the person who nominated you. I thanked her on her blog, but here’s a big ginormous thank you to Curvyelviesays for nominating me!! I love her blog, and I was sad when she almost stopped blogging. But she’s back, and just as awesome as ever.!
* Share 7 things about yourself. See below
* Pass the award to 7 nominees and let them know. Fun!!! See below, again!
7 things about me:
1. I wish I hung out with drag queens. I think they are so perfectly awesome. The costumes, the makeup, the hair, and the performances! I want to perform as a drag queen. Seriously, when I’m listening to my ipod and an especially drag queenish song comes on, I work out a whole routine to it. Even if I can’t be one, I’d love access to their closets.
2. I’m crazy about reading, always have been. I usually have my nook and a “real” book with me wherever I go. I set a goal to read 125 books this year, to beat last year’s amount of 113, and it doesn’t seem like enough, but I don’t have enough time to read. I wish my job was reading.
3. I cannot cook and it causes me great distress. But apparently not enough distress to remedy the situation.
4. I’m a mild sci-fi geek. Love Star Trek, Star Wars, nerdy geeky boys, The IT Crowd, MST3000, The X Files, Superheroes, and similar. I say I’m mild because I don’t know all the factoids that die-hard fans know, and Steve will often shake his head at me and say “You call yourself a nerd and you don’t know this random fact?”
5. I also LOVE the 80’s. Most of the music on my ipod is from the 80’s, I still love 80’s fashions, John Hughes was a genius, and I can watch “The Facts of Life” over and over again.
6. I have 3 older brothers. People always ask if I was a tomboy growing up, and I usually respond “Heck no!” I wouldn’t even let my mom dress me in my brothers’ clothes, even though she TRIED. She bought them new for the oldest, then handed them down to the next 2, then tried to pawn them off on me. NO WAY. I’m a girl, I like tutus!
7. I can’t help it – when people trip or fall, it causes me great amusement and I will laugh until I cry. Unless they get hurt, then it’s not so funny. But seriously, you know it’s funny. And I’m not the only one! Have you see Wipeout? The whole show is about people falling and tripping. I almost fell over laughing at the dog park once when one of dogs tripped over a branch.
1. Sally McGraw, Already Pretty – yes, lots of wonderful outfits, but Sally also writes about acceptance, being true to yourself, and wonderfully inspiring body image ideas.
2. Tess Munster, My Plus Size Life – I just adore Tess. Not only is she just plain gorgeous, but she’s made a career out of promoting plus-size beauty. She is all about loving yourself and finding beauty in all shapes and sizes, and she doesn’t make excuses.
3. Amelia Pontes, More Than Just Ramblings – I first started reading posts by Amelia on her old blog, Sounds Bites. I’ve followed her to her new blog, because I love refreshing and brutally honest she can be, and how I can relate to so much of what she writes about.
4. Ari Seth Cohen, Advanced Style – Wow. I am in love with this blog. Mr. Cohen takes pictures of FABULOUS older women (and men) and shows that beauty, and enjoying life and who you are does not have to end at a certain age. His posts always ALWAYS make me smile.
6. Chastity Garner, The Curvy Girl’s Guide to Style – She is beautiful and fashionable, and yes, curvy! But she does it with so much style, and absolutely no apologies. She is the true meaning of beauty at any size.
7. Jessica Kane, Fatshion Chic – Jessica Kane, awesome plus size blogger. She’s resourceful and funny and makes me happy to be who I am.
Some of my blog choices were probably not “correct” in that I picked people who are already pretty successful bloggers. But I am inspired by these blogs, so that’s that.