So, since I’ve gone back to the gym recently, I’ve been reintroduced to all of my gym pet peeves!!! Maybe it’s not surprising that so many things bother me there, since I’m usually not my chipper self after sweating and squatting all over the place. So, here’s a list of multiple actions that bother me at the gym:
- People dropping the weights on the floor, loudly. If it’s too heavy for you to put down normally, lift something lighter.
- People making a HUGE amount of noise while working out. Yes, it’s hard, but not everyone is groaning as loudly as you, so shut it.
- People who are really in shape. Ha ha, not really….ok, yes, they bother me.
- People who want to “help” and try to correct what you are doing. More on this later.
- Inappropriate attire. Let’s just say you need to wear something underneath your loose gym shorts, mister!!!!
- Too much perfume/cologne. Good gosh, I’m already having trouble breathing, you are just adding to the problem.
- People who won’t wipe off their sweaty machines. You could at least pretend to swipe the towel over it.
Also, the locker room is a huge area for pet peeves also:
- Women who take up entire counter space getting ready, or an entire bench, or have their stuff strewn all over the place.
- women who walk around naked. I realize you are getting dressed, but you don’t have to spend 20 minutes in the nude. And please don’t carry on a full conversation with me while you are standing by me naked, while I’m sitting on the bench.
- Eating in the locker room. Think it doesn’t happen? It does, and it’s gross. She eats cereal in the locker room.
- Women who clip their toe nails in the locker room. Again, it’s gross. And while I don’t walk around barefoot, I still don’t want to hear it or see it. You don’t have to do ALL of your grooming at the gym.
Ha, here’s a funny site to check out – Annoying at the Gym