Time for my second interview! I interviewed my fabulous gorgeous friend Sloane, who makes very cool jewelry. Go to her etsy site right now – SLOANE99.
She has also started to add some cool vintage items.
I met Sloanie years ago when we both worked together. Through all the years of knowing her, she has been so instrumental in making me try new things. She is the one who gets me to the jewelry making classes, or to the plays or concerts, or makes me believe I can be creative, if I just try. I think she’s truly beautiful, and she is one of those annoying people who can’t seem to see that for themselves. But I am not judging, we all have our own issues to deal with. The best part of knowing her though? She sends me funny stuff all day at work and makes me crack up at my desk.
1. Basics – age, ethnicity, first name, city, nicknames
45 (gulp) pure mutt, Sloane, Born in Sharon Connecticut currently living in Seattle.
Nicknames: Bun, Bunny, Bun Bun, Bunnyroo, Roo, Roobie and occasionally, Dumbass.
When I was little my dad used to call me Chicken…like Chicken Little, not Chicken Sh*t.
2. How long have we known each other?
Gosh, since YWCA days which would be what? Over 10 years?
3. 3 things you like about your body and one thing you don’t like.
3! Um, well, I’m pretty strong, I like my feet and my shoulders
4. How would you describe your body size without using numbers?
Average. How’s that for a lame answer
5. Are you body confident?
6. What does “body-confident” mean to you?
To me it means not stressing over your looks, worrying about clothes fitting, if this or that makes my butt, thighs, arms, ankles, ears look ‘too big’.
7. If you had to describe your self-esteem to someone who didn’t know you, what would you say?
It fluctuates and depends on my overall mood which pretty much changes as often as the wind direction. Does that make me sounds crazy?
Don’t answer that.
8. What’s your favorite fruit?
Rambutan. It’s native to the Philippines. I could eat it all day long. It’s weird and yummy
9. Famous boy and girl crushes
Boy: Javier Bardem, Girl: Parker Posey
10. Favorite piece of clothing, and why
Probably my sarongs because they are comfy and remind me of summer
11. What’s a talent you wish you had?
I wish I had musical talent. If I could master any instrument it would be the fiddle.
12. What is a talent you DO have?
Well, I’m kinda crafty and I make a mean birthday cake and vegan chocolate cake
13. What makes you crazy proud of yourself?
I’m proud if my Peace Corps service. It was definitely life changing.
14. Name a movie you think everyone should watch.
Harold and Maude
15. What do you think of my blog? (Shameless self-promotion and gratuitous compliments)
I love your blog! You are my style icon! And the dogs are cute too.
16. Can I post a picture of you? (It’s okay to say no)
I don’t show up in pictures
17. Can I promote your blog/site?
But of course!
I love that she mentioned Parker Posey, because I always thought Parker should play Sloane in a movie.
It’s definitely a bit of learning for me, doing these interviews with my friends. I learn a lot I didn’t know. I am always shocked when my friends have self-esteem issues, just because I think they are so fabulous. Of course, they have every right to have issues, it’s just shocking to me that they don’t see ALL of their awesomeness, like I do.
The main reason I want to do these interviews is to show that all types of people have all kinds of body issues, and that you never ever know what a person thinks about themselves until you ask, and that self-esteem is not a given.